Pork Production Technician (Winkler, MB area)
Posted on: September 5, 2017
This job posting is being advertised outside of Maple Leaf Foods and
resumes are being accepted from all applicants.
POSITION: Pork Production Technician
LOCATION: K-Line Pigs Sow (Winkler, MB area)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
STARTING WAGE: $14.60 per hour
CLOSING DATE: September 12th, 2017
The Pork Production Technician works directly with the Team Lead and is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities in the barn. This position requires the person to be part of a team working towards specific production goals.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with all areas of production including the feeding and general care of pigs, maintaining herd health and environment for pigs, pressure washing and preparing rooms as well as general maintenance and cleaning.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Experience in swine production would be considered an asset
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously
- Weekend and holiday hours are required on a rotational basis
- A valid driver’s licence and the ability to get to and from work located in a rural area is required
- Able to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values
In accordance with the MLF Job Posting Policy, all applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their
intent to apply with their current supervisor prior to submitting their application for consideration.
Please submit a résumé to:
Trisha Chikousky, Human Resources Specialist
Maple Leaf Agri-Farms
Fax: (204) 355-4404