Swine Technician (in Southeastern & Southwestern MB)
Posted on: September 5, 2017
HyLife Ltd. is a progressive Manitoba based company. HyLife and its affiliates have feed and pork operations and genetics and meat sales in various countries around the world. The Head Office is located in the vibrant community of LaBroquerie, Manitoba. We are currently seeking highly motivated people to fill the position of Swine Technician in the Southeastern and Southwestern areas of Manitoba.
This position will include the following responsibilities and day-to-day functions:
- Carry out feeding program
- Breeding, farrowing duties
- Weigh and sort pigs for transport
- Wash empty rooms, prepping room for animal entry
- Perform minor maintenance tasks
- Perform general on farm duties
- Recognize and treat livestock health issues
- Maintain livestock performance records
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Self motivated
- Good work ethic
- Work well with others
- Minimum 1 year swine tech experience required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge.
Salary range is between $1,197 - $1,496.25. You may qualify for an annual performance increase and/or bonus program and/or a premium. HyLife has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best-Managed Companies.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online at www.hylife.com/current-opportunities.
Applicants who are not currently eligible to work in Canada will not be considered for this position.
We thank all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.