6 farmer sausage patties
Canola oil for frying
6 English muffins, split and toasted
Mayonnaise, for spreading
Hot sauce (optional)
6 slices cheddar cheese
Ground black pepper to taste
12 butter lettuce leaves or small green leaf lettuce leaves
12 tomato slices
6 strips bacon, cooked
- Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry sausage patties in small amount of oil until lightly browned and thoroughly cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove patties from skillet onto a clean plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towels. In same skillet, heat a small amount of oil over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, crack eggs into skillet and cook until whites turn opaque, 3-5 minutes.
- Spread bottom half of English muffins with a thin layer of mayonnaise. If desired, spread a thin strip of hot sauce into the mayonnaise.
- To assemble sandwich, layer lettuce, tomato and bacon over condiments. Add warm patty, then cheese. Top cheese with fried egg and season pepper according to taste.
- Cover egg with top half of English muffin. Serve immediately.