2 cups / 500 mL sodium-reduced chicken broth
2 Tbsp / 30 mL cornstarch
1 Tbsp / 15 mL sodium-reduced soy sauce
4 green onions, chopped
1 lb / 0.5 kg pork stir-fry strips
1 clove garlic, minced
6 cups / 1.5 L fresh broccoli florets
½ red bell pepper, sliced into short strips
2 Tbsp / 30 mL sesame seeds, lightly toasted
Hot cooked rice or Asian noodles for serving
- In large glass bowl or measuring cup, combine chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce. Stir in green onions.
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry pork and garlic 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add broccoli and liquid to skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 8 minutes.
- Return pork to skillet. Add red pepper strips. Cook just until peppers begin to soften and mixture is heated through; 3-4 minutes. Stir often.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve stir-fry over rice or Asian noodles.