4 pork loin centre chops, boneless, 1-1 ½-inch / 2.5-3.75 cm thick
Salt and ground black pepper
1 cup / 250 mL Caribbean-flavoured barbecue sauce, like Bon Vivant!
Minted Mango Salsa:
1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 Tbsp / 15 mL lime juice
1 Tbsp / 15 mL chopped fresh mint
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
- Season chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat on one side to medium.
- On a lightly oiled grill grate, sear chops over high heat, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Slide chops over to lower heat side. Grill an additional 8-10 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F. Turn chops occasionally and brush often with barbecue sauce.
- Remove chops from grill onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 3-5 minutes.
- Arrange chops on a platter. Serve with Minted Mango Salsa.
For the salsa:
- In medium glass bowl, fold ingredients together with a rubber spatula.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours before serving.