2 pork tenderloins, well-trimmed, about 12oz / 0.375 kg EACH
1 tsp / 5 mL ground black pepper
1 tsp / 5 mL dried thyme leaves
1 Tbsp / 15 mL butter
2 oranges, unpeeled and thinly sliced
2 Tbsp / 30 mL cider vinegar
½ cup / 125 mL chicken broth
⅓ cup / 80 mL maple syrup
2 Tbsp / 30 mL dark rum
¼ tsp / 1 mL dried thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Season tenderloins with pepper and 1 tsp thyme.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add tenderloins and brown well on all sides.
- Meanwhile, line bottom of a baking dish with orange slices. Place tenderloins on top of orange slices. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Meanwhile, drain off any fat from skillet. Add vinegar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add broth, maple syrup, rum and remaining thyme to skillet. Stir. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Remove tenderloins from oven onto a clean plate or cutting board. Tent loosely with foil and let tenderloins rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve on orange slices with hot maple-rum sauce.