4 pork loin centre chops, boneless, about ¾-inch / 1.875 cm thick
1 tsp / 5 mL EACH ground cumin and ground coriander
⅛ tsp / 0.5 mL EACH ground cinnamon and cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
½ cup / 325 mL couscous
¼ cup / 50 mL EACH raisins and chopped dried apricots
2 Tbsp / 30 mL pine nuts
2 green onions, finely sliced
Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Arrange chops on plate or cutting board.
- In small bowl, combine cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Rub on all sides of chops.
- In large skillet or grill pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chops to a rosy centre, 5-8 minutes per side; do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions.
- Add dried fruits, nuts and green onion; stir to combine.
- When chops are done, remove from skillet onto a clean plate; let rest 3 minutes.
- Garnish chops with cilantro. Serve with prepared couscous and your favourite green vegetable.