4 pork loin centre chops, boneless, 1-inch / 2.5 cm thick
Salt and ground black pepper
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
4 tsp / 20 mL canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup / 50 mL chopped red onion
1 cup / 250 mL whole berry cranberry sauce
2 Tbsp / 30 mL brown sugar
½ tsp / 2 mL EACH ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg
3 Tbsp / 45 mL apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp / 30 mL grated ginger root
½ tsp / 2 mL EACH salt and ground black pepper
1 large peach, pitted and cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season chops with salt and pepper. In cast iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sear chops, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven. Cook 5-6 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove chops from oven onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 5 minutes before serving with Cranberry-Peach Chutney.
For the chutney:
- In small sauce pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onions; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except peaches; simmer, about 3 minutes.
- Add peaches and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes, depending on firmness of peach slice.