1 ½ cups / 375 mL sodium-reduced chicken broth
¼ cup / 50 mL black bean sauce
1 Tbsp / 15 mL unseasoned rice vinegar
2 tsp / 10 mL sesame oil
2 Tbsp / 30 mL cornstarch
1 tsp / 5 mL grated ginger root
3 Tbsp / 45 mL brown sugar
1 tsp / 5 mL red pepper flakes
1 lb / 0.5 kg lean ground pork
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups / 500 mL sliced white or cremini mushrooms
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
Prepared rice vermicelli or hot cooked rice for serving
Diagonally sliced green onions for garnish
- In large bowl, combine broth, black bean sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, cornstarch, ginger, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, sauté ground pork and garlic until pork is thoroughly cooked and no pink remains, breaking up larger pieces with spatula, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and bell pepper. Sauté 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add reserved sauce to skillet; simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over prepared rice vermicelli or hot cooked rice.
- Garnish with green onion.