1 lb / 0.5 kg lean ground pork
½ cup / 125 mL grated carrot
⅓ cup / 80 mL finely sliced green onion
¼ cup / 50 mL oyster sauce
1 tsp / 5 mL sesame oil
1 tsp / 5 mL ground cumin
1 Tbsp / 15 mL sodium-reduced soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp / 10 mL hot chili sauce
1-16 oz / 454 g package round wonton wrappers
½ cup / 125 mL water, plus more for steaming
¼ cup / 50 mL canola oil
½ cup / 125 mL EACH sodium-reduced soy sauce and mirin
- In medium bowl, combine ground pork with carrot, green onion, oyster sauce, sesame oil, cumin, soy sauce, garlic and chili sauce.
- Arrange 10 wrappers on a clean work surface; lightly brush edges with water.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of filling in centre and fold in half. Join ends together and press to seal.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil over medium-high heat. Arrange dumplings in a single layer.
- Cook until bottoms are golden brown.
- Add ¼ to ½ cup water; cover and steam 5-7 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook until water has evaporated, 2-4 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce and mirin
- Arrange dumplings on a platter and drizzle with sauce sauce-mirin mixture.