1 bag corn tortilla chips
2-3 cups / 500-750 mL leftover pulled pork, warmed
6 oz / 180 g shredded cheese
1-14 oz / 398 mL can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and thinly sliced, for medium to hot heat level
1 tomato, diced
¼ cup / 50 mL thinly sliced green onion
Tex-Mex Candied Bacon Chips
Tex-Mex Candied Bacon Chips:
6-8 slices thick cut bacon
¼ cup / 50 mL light brown sugar
2 tsp / 10 mL store bought Tex-Mex seasoning
For the nachos:
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- To build nachos, place a layer of tortilla chips on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Top with half of the pulled pork and about one-third of the cheese. Repeat.
- Gussy up tortillas with suggested toppings. Scatter Tex-Mex Candied Bacon Chips (recipe below) over toppings.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
For the bacon chips:
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set rack on top. Lay 6-8 slices bacon on rack in a single layer. Bake until bacon starts to crisp, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar with Tex-Mex seasoning and water. Turn bacon and brush with spice mixture.
- Continue baking until bacon is evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Tear into bite-size pieces. Use as a topping or garnish on any dish that may benefit from a hit of meat candy.