1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
1 pork shoulder blade roast, boneless, 2-2½ lb / 1-1.25 kg
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp / 15 mL balsamic vinegar
2 tsp / 10 mL dried oregano leaves
1 tsp / 5 mL ground cumin
1 tsp / 5 mL salt
½ tsp / 2 mL ground black pepper
2 bay leaves
10-12 tostada shells
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add roast; brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile, place onion slices on bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle garlic over onion. Place roast on top.
- Drizzle vinegar over roast; season with oregano, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add bay leaves. Cover and cook on LOW until meat is tender, about 8 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker onto a clean plate.
- Remove and discard onion and bay leaves. Skim fat from braising liquid if required.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH, about 15 minutes more.
- Serve pork on tostada shells along with your favourite toppings.
Topping suggestions: Diced tomato, chopped avocado, shredded lettuce, thinly sliced red onion and chopped cilantro for garnish.