Project: MLMMI 2017-05
To enhance the Odour Impact Assessment Tool (OIAT) as follows:
- Re-design the output interfaces (displays) of OIAT.
- change the current colour coding of odour impact zones to contour lines
- overlay the current Manitoba Setback Distance requirement on the OIAT odour impact map
- overlay the OIAT odour impact contours on an aerial photo
- Incorporate the use of various forms of manure storage, including steel/concrete tanks, and in-barn deep pits.
- Incorporate local weather data in dispersion simulations for different regions in Manitoba
- Produce a user-friendly documentation for the use of the model
- Incorporate topography (Contour/Lidar Mapping – MB Sustainable Development)
- Produce a user-friendly tool to assist users
Status: In Progress
Estimated Completion Date: 2018-08-31
Funding Partners: This project received support from the Manitoba Livestock Manure Management Initiative (MLMMI). MLMMI is funded by the Canada and Manitoba governments through Growing Forward 2, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative. MLMMI also receives funds from the Manitoba Pork Council.
Amount Funded: $54,000
Performer Funded: $0.00
Total Cost: $54,000