Health & Safety Manager - located in Neepawa, MB
Posted on: July 21, 2022
Health & Safety Manager
Are you looking to grow your professional career in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to HyLife; Canada’s leading pork producer. HyLife creates limitless opportunities for passionate professionals in a global business setting. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of Health and Safety Manager reporting to the Director of Health & Safety located in the community of Neepawa, MB.
Your days will include:
• Providing leadership and strategic direction of the Health and Safety program
• Continuously improve Health and Safety Program elements including safety training and orientation, safe work procedures, hazard analysis, audits, and regular inspections
• Leading and collaborating with stakeholders to ensure compliance with incident reporting, policy creation, and enforcement, and legislative requirements and communications
• Collaborating with operations leaders and staff to adhere to and improve our Health and Safety program & policies
• Providing guidance and ownership of processes for the Safety Steering Committee
• Maintaining the safety KPI dashboard and predicting safety trends within
• Liaising with the Wellness team on WCB and RTW programs
• Lead the coordination of Emergency Response personnel, confined space rescue, firefighting, and other emergency service teams
To succeed in this role, you possess:
• 3-5 years in an OH&S leadership role, preferably within a unionized manufacturing environment
• CRSP designation or in process of achieving or willingness to achieve the designation
• Extensive knowledge of the Health and Safety Act, provincial regulations, and WCB programs
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and possess excellent leadership skills
• Strong skills and experience with Microsoft Office software applications
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of a team with international reach, apply today at http://hylife.com/current-opportunities/
Your future starts now!
Past experience that would be relevant for this opportunity: Health & Safety Officer, Construction Safety Manager, Occupational Health & Safety Manager, OHS Manager, Environmental Health & Safety.