General Farm Worker NOC 85100 Teer 5 - located in Manitoba Rural Communities
Posted on: December 22, 2022
GENERAL FARM WORKER NOC 85100 Teer 5
Manitoba Rural Communities: (Brunkild, Altona, Winkler, Killarney, Russell, Arborg, Poplarfield, St. Pierre-Jolys & St Malo and others)
Wage: $16.00 – $20.00
Our company paid benefits package for full time employees includes Major Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, as well as enrollment in the Maple Leaf Pension Plan.
Feed and tend livestock. Perform or assist in performing breeding activities of farm animals
Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
Follow food safety and security and animal bio-security procedures
Detect disease and health problems in livestock
Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns and pens
Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure including cleaning stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
There are no specific education or training requirements as we provide on the job training, however, a college certificate or specialized courses related to farming is preferred.
• Basic farm knowledge and willingness and ability to learn
• Strong team and interpersonal skills
• Positive work ethic and attitude, attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously
• Ability to lift 25kg
• A valid driver’s license and the ability to get to and from work located in a rural area is required
• Weekend, holiday hours and alarm attending are required on a rotational basis
• Experience in hog production would be considered an asset
Please submit resume to:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to your first day of work. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.