Livestock Driver - located in the area of Landmark, MB
Posted on: January 6, 2023
We are recruiting individuals to join our agribusiness team of Maple Leaf Foods Inc. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading agribusinesses providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
Landmark, MB – Full Time Position
The livestock truck driver is responsible for the humane transportation of livestock (pigs) within our manufacturing facilities as set out by Maple Leaf Agri-Farm company guidelines. Maple Leaf Agri-Farms operates state of the art hydraulic lift deck trailers that improve the ease of livestock handling and trailer management, as well as promoting sustainable transportation. This position is based out of Landmark, MB.
- Humane transportation of livestock (pigs) within our manufacturing facilities
- Strictly follow all Biosecurity rules and policies
- Perform regular truck/trailer inspections
- Report all maintenance requirements to supervisor
- Keep tractor/trailer unit clean and well organized
- Complete all necessary paperwork as mandated
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class 1A Driver’s License with favorable Driver’s Abstract
- Minimum of 1 year experience driving truck/trailer unit
- Minimum of 1 year experience in livestock handling
- Strong communication skills, both orally and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures ranging from +40 to -40 degrees Celsius
We offer a diverse workforce inclusive to all.
Please submit resume to:
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.