Operations Manager - Brandon, MB
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Operations Manager - Brandon, MB
As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Manufacturing team, the Operations Manager provides leadership for the effective operations of the 650,000 square foot, 2200 employee Brandon plant by ensuring the development and implementation of best-in-class manufacturing processes, efficient maintenance of plant equipment and adherence to good manufacturing practices. This position is responsible ensuring superior customer satisfaction within the framework of being a low-cost producer and in an environment that meets our commitments to our human resources, health & safety and food safety standards.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
• Accountable for safety, quality, production costs, labour utilization, yield, results of Operations Cost Improvement initiatives and Six Sigma initiatives. Set and meet Six Sigma and OCI Targets.
• Ensure adherence to the Company’s Food Safety requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices, including the completion of BRC and audit targets.
• Strive to continuously improve the reduction of operating costs using Six Sigma methodology.
• Maintain and build a productive and positive employee relations environment through effective implementation of positive employee relations initiatives.
• Coach and develop talent in the manufacturing organization.
• Develop, recommend, and implement Capital Improvement for plant, including the preparation and execution of a Capital Plant budget.
• Responsible for preparing and executing the plant overhead budget, and direct product cost targets.
• Meet or exceed customer service level targets through the synchronization of process/activities with all functional area processes, from demand planning through to the delivery to the customer.
• Manage the performance of the hourly and salaried team through effective implementation of Human Resources processes and policies and all Leadership Edge initiatives.
• Meet or exceed all Health and Safety targets.
• Support Marketing and Product Development on new product initiatives.
• Maintain and applies knowledge through compliance with CFIA, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, Health and Safety, Collective Agreements, and other legislative bodies that impact plant performance.
• Responsible for adherence to all policies and procedures for Quality Assurance, Food Safety and customer specifications on a day to day basis.
What we have to offer you:
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
• Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
• Post-secondary education in one of the following disciplines: food science, business, engineering, or operations management
• 10 years of production experience in a food processing industry
• A minimum of 5 years demonstrated and progressive experience in a management role within a unionized work environment
• Experience in a project-based manufacturing environment
• A proven record of delivering positive bottom line results
• An understanding of lean manufacturing concepts
• Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication with internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated track record of decision making and direction setting using various analytical tools (SAP, variance reports, downtime analysis, SWOT analysis, Six Sigma metrics, etc.)
• Demonstrated customer focus to ensure a loyal customer base
You may apply directly for this role by visiting our Career Site at www.careers.mapleleaf.com.
For additional information on Maple Leaf Foods, please visit www.mapleleaffoods.com .
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.