Swine Technician - near area in Southern MB communities
Posted on: June 17, 2021
Are you looking for a great job opportunity in a rural community? Do you want to work for an innovative company that will invest in your potential? Welcome to HyLife; Canada’s leading pork producer. HyLife creates limitless opportunities for passionate individuals in a global business setting. Our growing company is searching for top talent to join our team in the role of Swine Technician located in and around the communities of Southern Manitoba, including but not limited to, La Broquerie, Steinbach, St. Pierre, Vita, Morris, Gladstone and other surrounding areas. These positions report to the Barn Manager.
We care about our employees and their safety; therefore, we have implemented strict precautionary measures and daily health check screenings to do our part as an essential service employer in fighting COVID-19.
Your days will include:
• Carrying out feeding programs
• Weighing and sorting pigs for transport
• Washing & prepping empty rooms for animal entry
• Performing minor maintenance tasks & general farm duties
• Recognizing and treating livestock health issues
• Maintenance of livestock performance records
• Other duties as assigned
To succeed in this role, you must possess:
• A self-motivated attitude
• Good work ethic
• The ability to work well with others
• Availability to work rotating weekend shifts
• Minimum 1-year swine tech experience an asset
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation based on experience and knowledge. Salary range is between $1,197 - $1,496.25 (Bi-Weekly). You may qualify for an annual performance increase and/or bonus program and/or a premium.
We also have a rewarding employee referral program so join our team, refer someone, stay with a great employer and be rewarded!!
If you thrive on new experiences and want to be a part of a team with international reach, apply today at http://hylife.com/current-opportunities/.
Your future starts now!