In preparation for Manitoba to move to the next stage of economic recovery and as a result of funding provided by the Province of Manitoba, YES! Winnipeg and the Manitoba Chambers of Commerce will launch Retrain Manitoba, a $12.5 million workforce skills development grant program in the coming weeks.
Under this program Manitoba businesses will be able to access funding up to $2,500 per employee for retraining and upskilling to adapt to the changing needs of businesses. The official launch announcement will be on October 20, 2021 - but here's a sneak peek:
- First-come, first-serve $12.5 million program for the purposes of training & professional development of employees
- Not intended as a cash advance, but as a reimbursement program; employer must have already paid for the employee’s training course
- For active and permanent Manitoba-based registered business; there is no limit to the size of the business; must have an active and valid issued Business Number; in good standing with the Manitoba Companies Office at the time of application
- For an unlimited number of employees; however, up to a cumulative $2,500 reimbursement per employee
- For a range of in-person and online industry recognized training courses provided by a third-party trainer; not limited to within Manitoba
- Retroactive and valid for course start dates from April 1, 2021 to August 31, 2022
- Program application deadline is March 31, 2022 or until the program has been fully expended, which ever occurs first
Paid Work Experience Tax Credits
The Paid Work Experience family of tax credits provides qualified employers with a percentage of the wages and salaries paid to certain types of trainee employees and recent graduates working in Manitoba. These wages and salaries are calculated net of other government funding for that remuneration. All components of this tax credit are fully refundable for all types of eligible employers.
For more information, contact:
Manitoba Tax Assistance Office
809 - 386 Broadway
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3R6
Phone: 204-948-2115 or toll free outside Winnipeg at 1-800-782-0771