2 pork tenderloins, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg EACH
1 ½ cups / 325 mL walnut halves, toasted
1 tsp / 5 mL curry powder
2 tsp / 10 mL canola oil
1 clove garlic
2 slices day-old bread, torn into coarse crumbs
½ small apple, peeled and chopped
1 tsp / 5 mL EACH ground coriander, ground cumin and salt
¼ tsp / 1 mL ground black pepper
Canola oil for brushing
For the tenderloin:
- With sharp knife, butterfly pork tenderloin by slicing horizontally to, but not through, opposite side. Open tenderloin as you would a book. Set aside.
- Place 1 cup walnuts, curry powder, canola oil and garlic in a food processor (reserve remaining walnuts for garnish). Pulse until finely ground.
- Scrape mixture into small bowl, Add bread crumbs and apple.
- Evenly spread stuffing mixture down the centre of tenderloin in 3 or 4 places.
- Combine coriander, cumin, salt and pepper; rub over pork.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place tenderloin seam side down on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Brush tenderloins with canola oil.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove tenderloins from oven onto clean platter. Tent loosely with foil and let tenderloins rest 5 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with Red Currant Glaze. Garnish with remaining walnuts.
For the Red Currant Glaze:
- Combine 1 cup / 250 mL red currant jelly, 2 Tbsp / 30 mL sherry, 1 Tbsp / 15 mL cider vinegar, ½ tsp / 2 mL ground ginger and pinch red pepper flakes.
- Simmer 5 minutes. Keep warm. Cover.