2 racks pork back ribs
2 Tbsp / 30 mL EACH ground cumin and chili powder
1 Tbsp / 15 mL ground coriander
1 tsp + ½ tsp / 7 mL EACH cayenne pepper, ground cinnamon and brown sugar
1 Tbsp / 15 mL ground black pepper
½ tsp / 2 mL salt
- Lift and peel membrane from the back of each rack of ribs.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients until well-blended.
- Massage ribs all over with rub. Cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours.
- Preheat barbecue on high; turn one burner off and reduce other burner to medium heat, temperature should read 300-325ﹾF.
- Place ribs, meat side up, on lightly oiled grill grate over unlit burner. Turn every 15-20 minutes for about 1 ½ hours, until ribs are tender. To check doneness, lift rack from grill with tongs. If you see some cracking at the point where the tongs are grasping the meat, they’re done. If not, they need a little more time.
- Remove ribs from grill and wrap securely in heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place foil-wrapped ribs into a paper bag. Close bag and let ribs rest for up to 1 hour on counter.
- Unwrap ribs, slice into 3-4 rib portions and serve with your favourite barbecue sauce for dipping.