4 pork rib chops, 1-inch / 2.5 cm thick
½ tsp / 2 mL coarse salt
½ tsp / 2 mL ground black pepper
1 Tbsp / 15 mL chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp / 5 mL chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp / 5 mL dried oregano
3 Tbsp / 45 mL balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp / 30 mL canola oil
2 Tbsp / 30 mL unsalted butter
Jalapeno Corn Salsa:
2 cups / 500 mL frozen kernel corn
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 tsp / 5 mL ground cumin
1 tsp / 5 mL lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped fresh cilantro
- In small bowl, combine all marinade ingredients; mix well.
- Place chops on clean plate, brush each chop liberally with marinade. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerator 2-6 hours.
- Remove chops from refrigerator 1 hour prior to grilling.
- Meanwhile, preheat skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and allow to melt.
- Add corn, jalapeno and cumin. Cook, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Toss mixture with lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium-high. Grill chops 5-6 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove chops from grill onto clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with corn salsa.