4 pork loin centre chops, boneless or bone-in, about ¾-inch / 1.875 cm thick
Salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
1-10 oz / 284 mL can condensed cream of mushroom soup
½ cup / 125 mL milk
2 Tbsp / 30 mL dry white sherry or dry vermouth
1 Tbsp / 15 mL dry onion soup mix
Hot cooked rice for serving
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Pat chops with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Season both sides of chops with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry chops 4-5 minutes per side, just until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, in large measuring cup, whisk together remaining ingredients until well-blended. Pour sauce over chops. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and let chops simmer 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and tender; occasionally spoon sauce over chops.
- Serve chops and desired amount of sauce over hot cooked rice or egg noodles. Garnish with parsley.