1 pork loin centre roast, boneless, about 1 ½ lb / 0.75 kg
1 ½ cups / 375 mL shredded sweetened coconut
¾ cup / 175 mL graham cracker crumbs
2 tsp / 10 mL curry powder
1 tsp / 5 mL ground ginger
½ tsp / 2 mL ground black pepper
¼ cup / 50 mL peach or apricot jam
¼ cup / 50 mL natural peanut butter
Mango Dipping Sauce:
½ cup / 125 mL mango chutney
½ tsp / 2 mL dry mustard
¼ tsp / 1 mL ground black pepper
2 Tbsp / 30 mL white rum (optional)
- With sharp knife, slice roast into 1-inch x 1-inch x 3-inch pieces and trim excess fat. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine coconut, graham cracker crumbs, curry, ginger and pepper. Set aside.
- In small microwave bowl, thin jam by microwaving on 50% power, about 45 seconds.
- Add peanut butter to jam; stir to combine.
- Working in small batches, coat all sides of pork pieces with jam mixture and then roll in coconut mixture until well-coated. Transfer to rimmed, parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pork pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake pork bites 6-7 minutes; turn and bake 6-7 minutes more or until coconut is nicely toasted and instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Serve with Mango Dipping Sauce.
For the Mango Dipping Sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine chutney, mustard, pepper and rum. Heat slowly over medium heat; stir until well-blended.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.