4 cups / 1L all-purpose flour, divided
1/3 cup / 80 mL granulated sugar
2 ¼ tsp / 12 mL instant yeast
½ tsp / 2 mL salt
1 cup / 250 mL milk
1/3 cup / 80 mL butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1-12 oz / 375 g pkg bacon, cooked crisp, drained and coarsely chopped
2/3 cup / 160 mL packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp / 15 mL dried rosemary leaves
¼ tsp / 1 mL ground black pepper
¼ cup / 50 mL unsalted butter
¼ cup / 50 mL pure maple syrup
For the dough:
- Add 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt to bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook. Stir to combine.
- In glass measuring cup, heat milk in microwave on 100% power for 60 seconds just until warm. Add to bowl.
- Add butter and eggs. Mix on low speed, gradually adding remaining 3 cups of flour.
- Continue mixing for about 5 minutes or until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Dough should feel soft and moist but not sticky.
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or damp towel and let stand 15-20 minutes.
For the topping:
- In medium bowl, combine bacon, brown sugar, rosemary and pepper. Set aside.
- In microwave-proof bowl, combine butter and maple syrup. Microwave on 100% power for 20-30 seconds; stir to combine. Microwave an additional 10 seconds or until butter is melted.
- Preheat oven to 350ﹾF.
- Lightly grease a 10-inch Bundt pan with canola oil.
- Pull small pieces of dough and roll into 30-32 balls, about 1-1 ½ inches in diameter.
- Dip balls in butter mixture, then roll in bacon mixture to coat. Stack dough balls in Bundt pan, staggering each layer like bricks.
- Drizzle any remaining butter mixture over dough and sprinkle with any remaining bacon mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. When done, remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Turn monkey bread upside down onto a clean plate. Serve warm.