1 pork loin roast, centre cut, boneless, about 2 lb / 1 kg
2 tsp / 10 mL canola oil
1 Tbsp / 15 mL EACH ground coffee and chili powder
2 tsp / 10 mL packed brown sugar
1 tsp / 5 mL EACH ground cinnamon and salt
½ tsp / 2 mL dried oregano leaves
2 ½ cups / 625 mL frozen cranberries
½ cup / 125 mL granulated sugar
¼ cup / 50 mL packed brown sugar
¼ cup / 50 mL EACH spiced rum and cranberry juice
2 Tbsp / 30 mL lemon juice
1 tsp / 5 mL lemon zest
For the pork:
- Place roast on cutting board and brush all sides with oil. Set aside.
- In small bowl, thoroughly combine remaining ingredients. Rub all sides of roast with spice mixture. Place roast in resealable bag and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- Remove roast from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast in preheated oven until internal temperature registers 155°F, 55-60 minutes.
- Transfer roast to cutting board. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 5 minutes before carving into ¼-inch thick slices. Drizzle with pan juices, if desired. Serve with marmalade.
For the marmalade:
- In medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugars, rum and juices. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir to dissolve sugars.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat and mash cranberries with back of cooking spoon.
- Stir in lemon zest and allow mixture to cool to room temperature. Mixture will thicken as it cools.
- Transfer mixture to glass bowl or plastic container. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Marmalade can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator for up to 4 days.