1 pork tenderloin, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 375 g
2 Tbsp / 30 mL butter, divided
¾ cup / 180 mL finely chopped yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup / 250 mL frozen mango chunks, sliced into quarters
1 Tbsp / 15 mL medium curry powder
1-237 mL carton half-and-half cream
1/3 cup / 80 mL mango chutney, hot or mild
Hot cooked basmati or Jasmine rice for serving
Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- With sharp knife, slice pork tenderloin crosswise into 8 equal pieces. Flatten slightly with palm of hand to ½-inch thickness.
- In large nonstick skillet, melt 1 Tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Brown medallions for 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add remining butter to skillet; swirl skillet to melt butter.
- Add onion, garlic, mango and curry powder to skillet; stir to combine. Cook until onion and mango soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add cream and chutney to skillet; stir to combine.
- Increase heat to medium-high and let mixture come to a boil, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Return medallions and any accumulated juices to skillet. Turn to coat. Simmer until medallions are heated through and only a hint of pink remains, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with cilantro.