4 pork rib chops, bone-in, 1-1 ½-inches / 2.5-3.75 cm thick
1 ¾ cups / 425 mL water
1 bottle dark beer
2 Tbsp / 30 mL pancake syrup or maple syrup
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp / 45 mL EACH brown sugar and coarse salt
2 tsp / 10 mL ground black pepper
- Trim excess fat from chops and place in large resealable plastic bag.
- In 4-cup measuring cup, combine water, beer, syrup, garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Stir until sugar and salt dissolve. Pour brine over chops; seal bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator 8-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chops; discard brine. Pat chops with paper towels to remove excess brine.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill chops 6-8 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove chops from grill onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 3-5 minutes before serving.