1 lb / 0.5 kg pork stir-fry strips
3 Tbsp / 45 mL jerk seasoning*
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
1 small white onion, sliced into thin wedges
4-5 mini bell peppers (orange, red, yellow and/or green), seeded and cut into strips
½ cup / 125 mL plum sauce
4-6 large flour tortillas, warmed
1 Tbsp / 15 mL garlic powder
2 tsp / 10 mL EACH cayenne pepper, onion powder, dried thyme leaves, dried parsley leaves, white sugar and salt
1 tsp / 5 mL EACH paprika and ground allspice
½ tsp / 2 mL EACH ground black pepper, red pepper flakes and ground nutmeg
¼ tsp / 1 mL ground cinnamon
For the Pork:
- In medium bowl, toss pork strips with jerk seasoning.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sauté pork strips with onion and peppers until vegetables are tender crisp, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in plum sauce; heat until warmed through, about 1 minute.
- Spoon meat and vegetable mixture evenly down centre of each tortilla. Fold or roll up tortilla as desired.
- Serve with your favourite coleslaw or omit tortilla and serve over hot cooked rice.
For the seasoning:
- Measure all ingredients into a small jar with a tight fitting lid; shake to combine.
- Store leftover seasoning in an airtight container in a dry place away from heat or light.