2 ½-3 lb / 1.25-1.5 kg pork leg strips
4 large red potatoes, peeled and diced into ½-inch / 1.25 cm cubes
2 cups / 500 mL chopped yellow onion
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp / 30 mL grated ginger root
1-14 oz / 398 mL can coconut milk
½ cup / 125 mL sodium-reduced beef broth
3 Tbsp / 45 mL Thai red curry paste
1 Tbsp / 15 mL fish sauce
2 Tbsp / 30 mL all-purpose flour
2 tsp / 10 mL lime zest
2 Tbsp / 30 mL lime juice
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced for garnish
2 Tbsp / 30 mL chopped fresh Thai basil for garnish
- In slow cooker, combine pork strips, potatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic and ginger.
- In large measuring cup, combine coconut milk, broth, curry paste and fish sauce. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW until pork is tender, about 6 hours.
- In small bowl, whisk flour with 2 Tbsp cold water until smooth; add to slow cooker, stirring continuously. Cover and cook on HIGH until slightly thickened, 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in lime zest and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Garnish with chili pepper slices and chopped basil.