2 Tbsp / 30 mL canola oil, divided
1 lb / 0.50 kg pork stir-fry strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp / 15 mL finely chopped ginger root
½ lb / 250 g colossal freshwater shrimp, raw and shelled
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch / 2.5 cm pieces
⅔ cup / 160 mL mango juice
1 cup / 250 mL light coconut milk
2 tsp / 10 mL Thai red curry paste
½ cup / 125 mL diced fresh mango
Hot cooked Asian noodles for serving
¼ cup / 50 mL chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a wok or deep nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add pork strips, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 more minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to element. Heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry onion, bell pepper strips and asparagus, 1-2 minutes. Set aside with pork.
- Deglaze skillet with mango juice, scraping up loose bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add coconut milk and curry paste. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Return pork, shrimp, vegetables and mango to skillet and heat through. Serve immediately over prepared Asian noodles (e.g. udon, soba or rice noodles).
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.