1 pork tenderloin, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg
Salt and ground black pepper
2 Tbsp / 30 mL canola oil
2 tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup / 250 mL apple cider, dry
1 tsp + ½ tsp / 7 mL chopped fresh sage leaves, or ½ tsp / 2 ml dried sage leaves
- With sharp knife, slice tenderloin into 8 equal pieces. Flatten slightly with palm of hand to ½-inch thickness. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear medallions, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove medallions from skillet to a clean plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet, fry onions until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cider, and sage; boil rapidly to reduce liquid by half.
- Add apple slices; simmer for 5 minutes or until apples are softened.
- Return medallions to skillet. Continue simmering for 1-2 minutes, just until medallions are heated through; do not overcook. Serve immediately.