2 Tbsp / 30 mL canola oil
1 pork tenderloin, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg, cut into thin strips
2 Tbsp / 30 mL soy sauce
2 medium carrots, sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
½ cup / 125 mL unsalted roasted cashews
½ cup / 125 mL red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp / 30 mL brown sugar
1 Tbsp / 15 mL cornstarch
3 Tbsp / 45 mL water
Salt to taste
Hot cooked rice for serving
- In nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry until pork begins to brown, 3-4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce; stir-fry one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add carrots, cover skillet or wok and cook 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, cashews and red pepper flakes; stir-fry 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle mixture with brown sugar and stir until dissolved, about 1 minute.
- In small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Add to skillet or wok. Stir and cook until sauce thickens and clears.
- Season with salt according to taste.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.