1 pork tenderloin, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg
¼ cup / 50 mL sodium-reduced soy sauce
2 Tbsp / 30 mL unseasoned rice vinegar
2 Tbsp / 30 mL honey
1 Tbsp / 15 mL packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp / 15 mL grated ginger root
2 tsp / 10 mL sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp / 5 mL Sriracha sauce
8 small flour tortillas, warmed
Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
2 cups / 500 mL coleslaw mix
1 Bosc or Bartlett pear, peeled, seeded and cut into matchsticks
2 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
¼ cup / 50 mL prepared coleslaw dressing
1 Tbsp / 15 mL unseasoned rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp / 30 mL chopped fresh cilantro
For the pork:
- With sharp knife, butterfly tenderloin by slicing horizontally to, but not quite through, opposite side. Open tenderloin as you would a book. Cover with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, rolling pin or heavy pan, pound meat to an even ¼-inch thickness. Place tenderloin in resealable plastic bag.
- In 1-cup measuring cup, combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sugar, ginger, sesame oil, garlic and Sriracha sauce. Pour over tenderloin. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Remove tenderloin from marinade; discard marinade. Pat tenderloin with paper towel to remove excess marinade.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill tenderloin on a lightly oiled grill grate for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove tenderloin to a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and let tenderloin rest 3 minutes before slicing crosswise into thin 1 to 2-inch long strips.
- Fill warmed tortillas with tenderloin strips and coleslaw. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
For the coleslaw:
- In large bowl, combine coleslaw mix with pear, and green onion.
- In small bowl, combine coleslaw dressing with vinegar. Pour over coleslaw mixture; toss to combine. Let stand 10 minutes.