2 pork tenderloins, well-trimmed, about 12oz. / 0.375 kg EACH
1 ½ tsp / 7 mL canola oil
1 Tbsp / 15 mL cracked black peppercorns
1 Tbsp / 15 mL dried rosemary leaves
½ tsp / 2 mL salt
1 tsp / 5 mL minced garlic
½ tsp / 2 mL pecan halves
⅓ cup / 80 mL olive oil
2 Tbsp / 30 mL white wine vinegar
¼ tsp / 1 mL salt
⅛ tsp / 0.5 mL ground black pepper
2 firm ripe pears, cored and halved
9 cups / 2.25 L spring mix salad greens
- Brush tenderloins with oil.
- In small bowl, combine peppercorns, rosemary, salt and garlic. Rub evenly over tenderloins.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Place tenderloins on lightly oiled grill grate. Grill 15-20 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 155ºF, turning occasionally.
- Remove tenderloins to a clean cutting board or plate. Tent loosely with foil and let tenderloins rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325ºF. On rimmed baking sheet, toast pecans in oven for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Blend olive oil, vinegar, second amount of salt and pepper to make dressing.
- Cut pears into thin wedges.
- In a large bowl combine pear slices, salad greens and dressing; toss to mix well. Spoon mixture onto 6 plates.
- Top with warm pork slices, sprinkle with pecans and serve immediately.