1 pork tenderloin, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg
¾ cup / 175 mL plum sauce
⅓ cup / 80 mL frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
⅓ cup / 80 mL cider vinegar
1 Tbsp / 15 mL sesame oil
½ tsp / 2 mL salt
¼ tsp / 1 mL red pepper flakes
- With sharp knife, butterfly tenderloin by slicing horizontally, to but not through opposite side. Open tenderloin as you would a book. Cover with plastic wrap.
- With meat mallet or rolling pin, pound tenderloin to ½-inch thickness. Cut tenderloin across the grain into 1-inch wide strips.
- Thread strips onto metal skewers or soaked bamboo skewers. Place into plastic container.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients until well-blended. Reserve half of marinade. Pour remaining marinade over skewers. Cover and refrigerate 4-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade. Pat pork with paper towels to remove excess marinade.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill skewers on lightly oiled grill grate for 5-7 minutes until nicely grill marked, turning occasionally; do not overcook.
- Remove skewers to a platter. Serve with reserved marinade.