½ cup / 125 mL shredded sweetened coconut
¼ cup / 50 mL mango chutney
¼ cup / 50 mL honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
½-1 tsp / 2-5 mL curry powder
1 pork tenderloin, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg
Canola oil for brushing
Salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut on a baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Remove from oven; set aside. Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- Remove any large pieces of mango in chutney and chop into smaller pieces.
- In small bowl, combine chutney, honey, garlic and curry powder. Reserve half of chutney mixture.
- Brush tenderloin lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread one half of chutney mixture over meat surface. Place tenderloin on parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until instant-read thermometer registers 155ºF.
- Remove tenderloin from oven. Tent loosely with foil and allow tenderloin to rest 10 minutes.
- Brush tenderloin with reserved chutney mixture. Roll in toasted coconut to coat.
- Skewer tenderloin with lollipop sticks or wooden coffee stirrers at ½-inch intervals.
- Slice tenderloin between skewers to make “lollipops.” Serve immediately.