2 pork tenderloins, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 g EACH
2 Tbsp / 30 mL EACH soy sauce and hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp / 15 mL EACH honey and sherry
1 Tbsp / 15 mL grated ginger root
2 Tbsp / 30 mL vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp / 5 mL sesame oil
1 EACH red and green bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- With sharp knife, slice tenderloins into 1-inch cubes and place in resalable plastic bag;
- In small saucepan, combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, sherry, ginger, vinegar, garlic and sesame oil. Bring to a brief boil; stir occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat and allow sauce to cool.
- Pour sauce over cubes. Seal bag and refrigerate 4 hours. Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before cooking.
- Thread cubes onto metal skewers or soaked bamboo skewers, alternating meat with red and green bell pepper pieces.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill skewers on lightly oiled grill grate 5-7 minutes per side; do not overcook.