2 pork tenderloins, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg EACH
3 slices bacon
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, chopped
1 ½ cups / 375 mL sliced mushrooms
2 cups / 500 mL chopped fresh spinach
2 Tbsp / 30 mL red wine
2 ½ oz / 75 g Brie, chopped
½ tart apple, chopped
2 Tbsp / 30 mL chopped toasted walnuts
1 tsp / 5 mL dried thyme leaves
Salt and ground black pepper
1 Tsp / 15 mL canola oil
- With sharp knife, butterfly pork tenderloins by slicing horizontally to, but not through, opposite side. Open tenderloins as you would a book. Flatten slightly with palm of hand. Cover tenderloins with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In large skillet, fry bacon over medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon slices from skillet onto a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside.
- Discard all but 2 Tbsp bacon fat. Sauté garlic, shallots and mushrooms until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and sauté briefly just until it starts to wilt.
- Deglaze skillet with wine, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Remove skillet from heat and allow mixture to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Add brie, apple, walnuts and thyme to spinach-mushroom mixture; stir to combine.
- Roughly chop reserved bacon. Add to mixture; stir to combine. Season stuffing with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Spoon half of the stuffing onto one half of each tenderloin. Fold over other half of tenderloin to enclose stuffing. Tie with butcher string in 3-4 places.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear stuffed tenderloin on all sides until nicely browned.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Roast tenderloins on parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet for 15-20 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove tenderloins from oven onto clean cutting board. Tent loosely with foil and let tenderloins rest 5 minutes.
- Remove butcher string. Slice to serve.