4 pork loin center chops, boneless, 1-1 ½-inch thick / 2.5-3.75 cm thick
Maple bacon flavoured seasoning, like Clubhouse (La Grille) brand
4 slices thick cut bacon, partially cooked, drained and slightly cooled
½ cup / 125 mL apricot jam
½ cup / 125 mL lightly packed dark brown sugar
3 Tbsp / 45 mL Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp / 30 mL bourbon
- Arrange chops on plate or cutting board.
- Shake seasoning onto both sides of chops.
- Wrap bacon slice around chop. Secure with wooden toothpick. Repeat with remaining chops and bacon. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, combine jam, brown sugar, mustard and bourbon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes. Remove glaze from heat; reserve half the glaze.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat on one side to medium. On lightly oiled grill grate, sear chops over high heat side, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Slide chops over to lower heat side. Grill chops an additional 8-10 minutes, or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F. Turn chops occasionally and brush often with glaze.
- Remove chops from grill onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 3-5 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks. Serve chops with reserved glaze.