2 pork tenderloins, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg EACH
Salt and ground black pepper
1 cup / 250 mL chopped yellow onion
2 tsp / 10 mL canola oil
1 cup / 250 mL fresh parsley, stems removed
1 tsp / 5 mL dried thyme leaves
¼ cup / 50 mL parmesan cheese
¼ tsp / 1 mL EACH salt and ground black pepper
2 Tbsp / 30 mL canola oil
¼ cup / 50 mL chopped walnuts
Roasted Garlic Dip:
1 medium head garlic
1 tsp / 5 mL canola oil
½ cup / 125 mL bottled light ranch salad dressing
For the tenderloins:
- With sharp knife, butterfly tenderloins by slicing horizontally to, but not through, opposite side. Open tenderloins as you would a book. Place between two sheets of plastic wrap. Working from centre to edges, pound each tenderloin to a rectangle about 8 x 12 inches. Season with salt and pepper.
- In small skillet, heat 2 tsp oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In small food processor or blender, combine parsley, thyme, cheese, salt and pepper. Pulse until finely chopped. With machine running, add 2 Tbsp oil. Add sautéed onions and walnuts. Process until coarsely chopped.
- Spread half of mixture on each tenderloin to about 1 inch from edge. Roll up each tenderloin from short side. Tie with butcher string, if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place tenderloins seam side down on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove tenderloins from oven onto cutting board. Cool slightly. Remove string. Cut into 1 x 2-inch slices.
- Cover. Chill. Serve with Roasted Garlic Dip.
For the dip:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Peel outer skin from head of garlic, leaving bulb intact. Cut top to expose individual cloves. Place on baking dish. Drizzle with canola oil. Cover with foil and bake 50-60 minutes or until very soft.
- Remove garlic from oven. Cool slightly. In small bowl, press cloves to remove garlic "paste.” Mash with a fork. Combine with salad dressing. Add milk, if necessary. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 3 hours.