1 pork tenderloin, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg
1 cup / 250 mL blueberry jam or jelly
¼ cup / 50 mL lemon juice
2 Tbsp / 30 mL grated ginger root
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp / 30 mL canola oil
⅓ cup / 80 mL sodium-reduced soy sauce
½ cup / 125 mL sodium-reduced chicken broth
Small handful of fresh blueberries
- Place tenderloin into resealable plastic bag.
- In small bowl, thoroughly combine jam or jelly, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, oil and soy sauce. Reserve ½-cup of sauce; set aside. Pour remaining sauce over tenderloin; turn to coat. Seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator 2-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove tenderloin from marinade; discard marinade. Pat tenderloin with paper towel to remove excess marinade.
- Place tenderloin on foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 20-25 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove tenderloin from oven onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and let tenderloin rest 5 minutes.
- In small saucepan, combine reserved sauce with broth. Add blueberries and cook mixture over medium heat until slightly thickened, stirring often. If desired, lightly mash blueberries with back of spoon or leave whole.
- Slice tenderloin and serve with sauce.