2 pork tenderloins, well-trimmed, about 12 oz / 0.375 kg EACH
¼ tsp / 1 mL EACH dried oregano leaves, dried thyme leaves, dried marjoram leaves, salt and ground black pepper
2 Tbsp / 30 mL canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 pita bread rounds, sliced in half
Topping suggestions: Shredded lettuce, tomato slices, red bell pepper strips, crumbled feta cheese, plain yogurt
- With sharp knife, butterfly tenderloin by slicing horizontally to, but not through, opposite side. Open tenderloin as you would a book.
- In small bowl, combine dried herbs with salt and pepper. Rub mixture onto both sides of tenderloin.
- In another small bowl, combine oil and garlic. Brush mixture onto both sides of tenderloin.
- Place tenderloin on plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill tenderloins on lightly oiled grill grate for 5-6 minutes per side; do not overcook.
- Remove tenderloins from grill onto a clean cutting board. Slice crosswise into thin, 1 to 2-inch long strips.
- Serve tenderloin strips in pita halves with toppings of your choosing.