4 pork rib chops, bone-in, about 1 ½-inch / 3.75 cm thick
Juice of 2 limes
2 tsp / 10 mL chili powder
1 tsp / 5 mL EACH garlic powder, dried oregano leaves and ground cumin
½ tsp / 2 mL EACH coarse salt and chipotle chili powder
3 Tbsp / 45 mL tequila
2 Tbsp / 30 mL canola oil
Chopped fresh cilantro and wedges of lime for garnish
- With sharp knife, trim chops of excess fat. Place chops in resealable plastic bag.
- In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except cilantro and lime wedges. Pour over chops. Seal bag. Let stand 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove chops from marinade; discard marinade. Pat chops with paper towels to remove excess marinade.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill chops 5-7 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove chops from grill onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and allow chops to rest 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish chops with cilantro and lime wedges.