1 lb / 0.5 kg pork loin centre chops, boneless, well-trimmed, about ½-inch / 1.25 cm thick
1 Tbsp / 15 mL canola oil
1 Tbsp / 15 mL butter
1 cup / 250 mL chopped yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
¾ lb / 340 g mixed mushrooms, quartered or coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp / 15 mL all-purpose flour
¾ cup / 175 mL sodium-reduced beef broth
1 Tbsp / 15 mL EACH Dijon mustard and tomato ketchup
2 tsp / 10 mL Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp / 5 mL ground paprika
½ cup / 125 mL sour cream
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Hot cooked rice for serving *
Large dill pickles, chopped for garnish *
- Place chops on cutting board. With sharp knife, slice chops across the grain into thin strips, about ¼-inch thick and 1 ½ to 2 inches long.
- In large sauté pan, heat oil over high heat. Stir-fry pork for a few minutes, just until lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove from pan onto a clean plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms to pan. Sauté just until mushrooms cook down, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour; stir mixture until vegetables are evenly coated, about 1 minute.
- Add broth, stirring continuously until mixture thickens.
- Add mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and paprika; stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add sour cream; stir until mixture is well-blended.
- Return pork and any juices to skillet. Stir to combine and simmer until pork is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve Stroganoff over hot cooked rice and garnish with chopped dill pickle.
** Alternatively, serve Stroganoff over hot cooked egg noodles and garnish with chopped parsley.