2 cups / 500 mL all-purpose flour
2/3 cup / 160 mL cocoa powder
1 tsp + ½ tsp / 7 mL instant espresso powder
1 tsp / 5 mL baking soda
¼ tsp / 1 mL salt
1 ½ cups / 375 mL granulated sugar
1 cup / 250 mL unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp / 10 mL vanilla extract
1 ½ cups / 375 mL semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 strips bacon, cooked crisp, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ﹾF.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat sugar with butter, eggs and vanilla extract using an electric mixer; beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and bacon.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon or a 1 ½-inch cookie scoop onto parchment-lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool cookies on the pans 2 to 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.