2 cups / 500 mL all-purpose flour
2/3 cup / 160 mL cocoa powder
½ Tbsp / 7 mL instant espresso powder
1 tsp / 5 mL baking soda
¼ tsp / 1 mL salt
1 ½ cups / 375 mL granulated sugar
1 cup / 250 mL unsalted butter, softened
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 tsp / 10 mL vanilla extract
1 ½ cups / 375 mL semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 strips bacon, cooked crisp, drained and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ﹾF.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In separate large bowl, beat sugar with butter, eggs and vanilla extract using an electric mixer; beat until fluffy and smooth.
- Gradually add in flour mixture; beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and bacon.
- Drop cookies by rounded tablespoons (or 1 ½-inch cookie scoop) onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.