6 Italian sausages, hot or mild
1 sweet bell pepper, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
¼ cup / 50 mL pitted black olives, diced
3 cups / 750 mL shredded mozzarella cheese
½ cup / 125 mL grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp / 5 mL dried basil leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
Pinch red pepper flakes
5-6 large flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400ﹾF.
- Remove sausage meat from casings.
- In large skillet, cook sausage meat over medium-high heat until lightly browned, breaking up larger pieces with spatula, about 10 minutes. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels to drain grease.
- In large bowl, combine sausage meat with bell pepper, tomato, olives, cheeses, basil, garlic and hot pepper flakes.
- Lightly coat one side of tortilla with cooking spray. Place coated side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spoon about ¾-cup of mixture on one half of each tortilla. Fold unfilled side over and press edges together.
- Bake quesadillas in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and then cut each tortilla into four wedges.