5 lb / 2.5 kg pork side ribs
2 limes, cut into thin slices
1 cup / 250 mL strong brewed coffee
½ cup / 125 mL EACH ketchup, red wine vinegar and soy sauce
¼ cup / 50 mL molasses
1-2 tsp / 5-10 mL Tabasco sauce
¼ cup / 50 mL packed brown sugar
2 small shallots, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 325ﹾF.
- Lift and peel membrane from the back of each rack of ribs.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with heavy duty aluminum foil. Place ribs on baking sheet meat side up.
- Randomly arrange lime slices over ribs. Cover ribs with foil and roast 1 hour or until meat begins to pull away from bones.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Remove ribs from oven. Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Place ribs on lightly oiled grill grates and brush generously with sauce.
- With barbecue cover up, turn and brush ribs frequently with sauce until they become a rich, mahogany brown, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.