4 pork loin centre chops, boneless, fast-fry
Salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
1 Tbsp / 15 mL butter
2 tsp / 10 mL canola oil
1 cup / 250 mL lager-style beer
2 Tbsp / 30 mL apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp / 30 mL grainy Dijon mustard
2 tsp / 10 mL packed brown sugar
1 tsp / 5 mL dried dill weed
- Pat chops with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Season both sides of chops with salt and pepper.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Fry chops 2-3 minutes per side, just until lightly browned; do not overcook.
- Transfer chops to a clean plate; cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Carefully deglaze skillet with beer, scraping up brown bits from bottom.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet; stir to combine. Bring sauce to a brief boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- Return chops to skillet. Let simmer 1-2 minutes to heat through, occasionally spooning sauce over chops.
- To serve, drizzle chops with desired amount of remaining sauce.