6 pork shoulder blade steaks, bone-in or boneless
1 cup / 250 mL sodium-reduced soy sauce
½ cup / 125 mL dry white sherry
½ cup / 125 mL ketchup
½ cup / 125 mL sesame oil
Juice from 1 medium orange
¼ cup / 50 mL honey
2 Tbsp / 30 mL grated ginger root
2 cloves garlic, minced
- Place steaks in resealable plastic bag.
- In 4-cup measuring cup, thoroughly combine remaining ingredients. Pour marinade over steaks in bag. Seal bag. Refrigerate 8-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Pat steaks with paper towels to remove excess marinade.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce heat to medium. Grill steaks 5-7 minutes per side or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F.
- Remove steaks from grill onto a clean plate. Tent loosely with foil and let rest 3 minutes before serving.